what were your days and hours like until you became a mom, whether it's from giving birth or adopting your child? Days and hours leading up to the

arrival of a child are exciting and painful in so many ways. What were you and your partner, your family like? If you gave birth did you get lost on the way to the hospital? Who was in the delivery room w/u? Did you have older kids, how did they act? If you adopted, did your child's day of honor coming into your family go smoothly? How did you celebrate the day the adoption became final?

My husband was in the del. room for all three of our kids. I had one bad bad labor then section for my first baby. My best friend walked me around the block in the days before ds was born, she was sure it would start labor, it didn't. For my second baby, my husband drove through a snowstorm at five in the morning to get to the hospital an hour and a half away for our section. They had so many moms in labor then, that previous night in a telephone call we were told we might not have our scheduled section. But another call was ok.

lfl

Asked by lfl at 4:10 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• i was in no pain at all i was induced and had no pain meds only had 3 contractions befor giving birth, i was cut 3 big times down there and took him an hour to stitch me up.my huspand has a now 17 yr old who is very jelous of our little girl even though he never got treated any different since she came.im more tierd these days then anything.but i love being a mom.i dont want to have any more physicaly.the pain after words was teriable
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 4:16 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Hmm, I woke up from a nap with a contraction around 1pm. I had an irritable uterus and experienced contractions from 18 weeks onward. I lost a baby to preterm labor in 2000 at 22 weeks, so I was on bedrest from week 18 to week 24. I also had to get 17P injections from week 15 to week 35 and cervical measurements. Anyway, so when I started getting the contractions, I didn't rush to the hospital. After about 2 hours of constant contractions we went to the hospital. Well first we went to Taco Bell as dh was hungry! lol I didn't eat, because I was terrified of pooping on the table. Once we got to the hospital, the measured me and I was 4cm dilated and fully efaced. I labored all night getting an epidural around 6cm. The epidural only lasted about 2 hours and then the pain CAME BACK!! Once I hit 9.5cm, I stopped progressing. We kept waiting and waiting, but that was allt he further I got, then they decided I should>>>
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:27 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• push anyway. I think I pushed for about 3 hours and she wouldn't descend AT ALL. My contractions were VIOLENT and like every 2 minutes. I thought I was dying. FINALLY, they decided to do a c-section, because I just didn't have the energy to push anymore. I was also febrile and vomiting constantly. So, it was TERRIBLE! My sister and husband were there the whole time. Both said they felt so bad for me. My dh kept gagging because I just kept throwing up and dry heaving after a while. SO FINALLY at 1:20pm, my daughter was born via c-section at 6lbs 9oz and 20 inches long. Then I had some reaction to the epidural and started flailing violently. They said it was my oxygen levels and that I lost a lot of blood. Then my daughter had to be checked out to make sure she was okay since I had a fever. In the end, we were both fine, but the experience was terrifying.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:33 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Regular days really LOL. I didnt get nervous about the delivery til the night before I went to the hossy.
    My first pregnancy I was on bedrest for the last 6 wks but it was light bedrest so I sat on the sofa or was on the computer and I did dishes and made dinner(some nights). I had stopped working when I went on bedrest so I was still getting up early(habit) and saying goodbye to my husband. He'd work til 6 or 7pm and then we'd veg in front of the tv and chat and eat. I slept in the recliner the last 3-4 mths cuz my hips hurt. Delivery time was a bit nerve-racking cuz I didnt know what to expect. I was induced for medical reasons then had a c/section. I was at ease about it all though, never scared about what would happen. Actually felt bad for my dr cuz she felt horrible that I couldnt deliver vaginally.

The other two were repeat sections. I just tended to my house while DH worked and then got nervous the night before LOL
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:38 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I was putting on a pound a day in water weight so they decided to induce me and I was thankful because I was so swollen I could hardly move. I was so ready to go until the doctor called and told me there was a room available. So I got my husband to shave my legs before we went. Bad idea cause he was so nervous he cut me all up. Walking into the hospital with band aids all over my legs, we got to the door and thats when I refused to go in. Once in there they put in the cirvadil and it caused me to cramp so bad. They gave me a shot to help me pass out. The next day I finally went into labor and the epideral was my best friend . I didn't feel the contractions but after 35 min of pushing my son got stuck. After two hours of pushing and him not moving I screamed for a c-section. They told me no, I cussed and after 3 hours the doc finally came in and used the tongs to pull him out. He was beautiful
    ethansmommy0202

Answer by ethansmommy0202 at 4:54 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• My husband is an OB/GYN. We had a blizzard and were stuck in our rural home for 4 days when I went into labor. The twins were delivered by their daddy. It was stressful for him and for me since my pregnancy was high risk. The babies were born healthy and I was fine. The kids were so healthy they never went to the hospital got to stay home with me.

My last child was born at home too we planned a home birth since the unplanned with twins went so well but planned on my husband being there. He was on his way home after I called him and told him my water broke.  He walked in the door about 15 minutes after I delivered the baby myself.lol

Anonymous