Baby's First Birthday Theme

What was your baby's first birthday theme? (if you even had a theme) My son doesnt turn1 for another 6 mo yet but I was just curious how many possibilities there are. Did you go all out for their first birthday or keep it low key?

landons.mama

Asked by landons.mama at 4:18 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• ELMO
    I had a majorly huge cook out
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 4:20 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Went all out, lol. I found plates, tablecloth, cups, bib, etc that were blue with a bear and "boy" toys. It said "It's the big "1"!"
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:21 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• For my daughter, it was pink princess. I made a pink skirt out of tulle for her high chair, had pink ballons and made a pink castle cake.
    For my twin boys, it was Noah's ark. I just had colorful balloons and made a 3D noah's ark cake with animal cookies and blue frosting for water and constructed the ark out of graham crackers. There are millions of ideas online, google it! :) Hope this helps!
    Anonymous

• We went all out. Theme: Balloons. We had balloons everywhere! And my husband even learned how to make balloon animals for the kids. I think there were about 50 people there. : )
    Anonymous

• I am throwing a huge blowout in the next few weeks for my son's first birthday party. I wanted to do a Barney theme because it's his favoriate but I couldn't find any so were doing Elmo since were getting him Elmo live for his Bday.
    ethansmommy0202

Answer by ethansmommy0202 at 4:46 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• We had a big cook out in our backyard with 3 canopies and a slip n slide for the kids. The theme was My Little Pony.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:47 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• i did a sponge bob theme.. i had a huge sponge bob cake for everyone and then his own little spongebob one.. we had a jumping thing, a swimming party,, we cooked a sauce and bbq.. I also order shirts from itsmarvelous.com and we all wore shirts with his picture on them. you can design them with whatever theme youd like or whatever. can you tell we are from lousisana
    deverrick

Answer by deverrick at 5:39 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• His favorite book at the time was Brown Bear Brown Bear, What Do You Hear? So we based his party off of that.. we couldn't find a whole lot of party stuff for it but we got him a onsie made, his cake was Brown Bear.. the rest we just decorated with some of te colors from the book.
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 6:24 PM on Jan. 25, 2010