What kind of popcorn do you like and what do you put on it?

We love popcorn at our house. My family is happy with microwave popcorn, but not me. I really like popcorn made in canola oil popped on the stove top or air popped.

I like mine with popcorn salt, no butter. Hubby likes butter and salt. Our girls like butter, salt and grated parmesan cheese.

NikkiMomof2grls

Asked by NikkiMomof2grls at 4:33 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Food & Drink

• we make it on the stove with olive or coconut oil. we use sea salt and butter.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:04 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I don't know how to make popcorn. :( My favorite is Pop Secret "Extreme Butter" YUM!
    mama2br00ke

Answer by mama2br00ke at 4:37 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• At the fall festival at church someone made a homemade spiced popcorn. It was fairly hot with a zesty, cheesy flavor. It was awesome and I couldn't get enough. No one could locate the individual who contributed it (they must have already left). So the popcorn recipe remains a mystery. It definitely wasn't store bought, it was obviously freshly popped corn with a homemade spice blend. If anyone has any recipes for this or any other popped corn feel free to share!
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 4:38 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Oh...making popcorn on the stove is easy. Just buy some kernels and read the instructions on the back. The best thing is to have a nice size pot with a steam vent. If you don't have one you can create a vent by leaving the lid slightly ajar. Heat enough oil to barely cover the bottom over medium high. When the oil starts to shimmer a little it should be hot enough. Drop in one kernel. When it pops it is time to add the corn. Pour in enough to just cover the bottom of the pot in a single layer. Put on the lid. When it begins to pop, move the pot around over the heat. When the pops intensify, vent the lid and slightly lift the pot above the heat to prevent scorching. When popping slows to a stop, remove lid so the popcorn won't become soggy. Dress it according to your taste and dig in. Be forewarned: some store brands pop up nicely, some are tough and small instead fluffy. When in doubt buy Orville Redenbacher.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 4:49 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• i like air popped w/ mozzo chesse or parm cheese and pepper......YUMMY i dont microwave(dont even own one) popcorn at all!!
    youlookin4me

Answer by youlookin4me at 5:33 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• We have a glass popper for the microwave;

Answer by rkoloms at 9:00 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Popped on the stove in evoo and then sprinkled with nutritional yeast!
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:22 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I like the fattening Movie butter kind from pop secret. I am fine with just butter but my husband likes to add on Old Bay Seasoning.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 10:18 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• We have a stir-crazy popper. We use just a little bit of popcorn oil to pop it, and when it's done we sprinkle on just a little bit of super-fine salt, or sometimes some of the flavored popcorn salt. No butter.
    Anonymous

• We love popcorn!We always make the microwave popcorn..lots of butter!
    brendynsmama

Answer by brendynsmama at 10:38 AM on Jan. 26, 2010