Christians-how do you fight a negative vibe or constant in your life?

There seems to be one element always bringing down the Glory of God. How do you shake it off? How do you politely say, listen if you can't be nice about my religion at least be neutral?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Pray for them!
    Anonymous

• Every time I have a thought - I take it to God.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 4:44 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• For me, I make the nessessary changes in my life to continue living the way I'm comfortable.If there is someone or something making me feel angry, or resentful and I 've tried to resolve the part that is hurting me in some way or form by talking or doing something differently simillar (if that makes sense) and nothing changed for the better .I drop that thing or person like a bad habbit , and pray for them.If it's a person in my life that I have to accasionally deal with I do so as little as possible.Like dealing with my inlaws, I pray for them, and stay away from them as often as I can.In time it may change, but for me I need to live my life in the meen time.
    Anonymous

• You need to state the truth kindly but assertively at the same time. It could be something real simple and swift such as"I am very happy and comfortable with my decisions." (Say the word "I" or "We.") You can pray for the words to say and the strength to say it with. It will come to you. You can also speak with your actions. Ecclesiastes 3:7 Focus and stay incontrol so that the opposite person does not control you. Romans 12:19
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 5:27 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Be silent and pray for them.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:40 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• pray
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 9:33 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• reflect back and see why they have a negative image of your religion. Sometimes your choice in words, may not be offensive to you, but may be to others. If you can not find in your mind, something that could have been misunderstood, ask them. You'd be surprised how much a little respect for someone different, will mean, and help calm the situation.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:17 AM on Jan. 26, 2010