Why!?

I will never understand why people seem to think that just because you have a baby, you HAVE to get married. It drives me crazy. I think it hurts the child more to be around a bad relationship, than to just have parents that are there for them, but not married. My parents married because they got pregnant with me. It lasted 5 years. They can't stand eachother, 22 years later, they still can't stand eachother. I have friends that married cuz of the baby, and they fight and cuss and yell ALL THE TIME. How is that better?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• I agree 100000000000% :)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 4:43 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I agree also!
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 4:46 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I totally agree 100%
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 4:49 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• it isn't better, you shouldn't get married just because of a kid. we're a modern world, we can act like grownups.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:50 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I totally agree!!
    mama2br00ke

Answer by mama2br00ke at 5:38 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• The best thing to do is not screw around until you are married. Then you won't have to worry about having a baby out of wedlock or illegitimately, as it used to be called. Women should get to know a man's character and his record of faithfulness to other relationships(family, work, etc.) before having sex with him. Sex is not a recreational sport. It is designed to be the expression of commitment and love within the bounds of marriage. Regardless of what you may think, children do feel more secure and are more emotionally stable when they have the benefit of growing up in a two-parent, loving home. Just because one generation screws it up does not mean that the one coming after it has to do the same thing. Children are special gifts who are to be trained and loved and taught by both their parents. It may come as a surprise to you to know that children actually learn more from their dads than they do from their mothers.
    Anonymous

• I think that if your not married you should be using a rubber and some other type of contraception... it's not fair that kids have to have parents that hate each other- fuck how and who you want but please don't get preggers until there is some sort of commitment.
    Kalebs_mommy23

Answer by Kalebs_mommy23 at 7:24 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• The whole point is to NOT get pregnant with someone you are not in love with and in a committed relationship with. If you don't love them enough to marry them then don't have a family with them. Your parents obviously just liked the sex and not each other. THAT"S my point. Too many people want sex without the responsibility of the consequences of it and the commitment it takes to keep a family in a loving environment.
    Anonymous

• Well in this day and age waiting to marriage just doesn't happen. If you can't see that your blind. And to say that they learn more from dad than mom, I'd like to know when you found the time to study every family. Cuz I can tell you my children haven't learned a ton from dad who sleep works and plays games. But I figured getting out of an abusive relationship with my sons bio father was a hell of alot better than keeping him around. If that asshole is going to teach anything its just how much weed to stick in the blunt. People change and thing dont work out. This is far from a perfect world, and marriages that last 50+ years are few and far between. My parents have been divorced for most of my life and I believe I turned out just fine. Whether they hated eachother or not, they were there for me, which should be the bigger issue. Least my dad wanted to stay around, marriage or not.
    Anonymous

• In a perfect world, yes....
    dating, engadged, house, then family...

But , TODAY.....2 wrongs do not make a right.....
    NO, getting married, is NOT THE ANSWER, to getting pregnant.
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 9:03 PM on Jan. 25, 2010