my daughter is 9 months old and i started working not too long ago. my mother-in-law watches my daughter monday thru friday. im having problems with her not giving the baby her baby food at the feeding times i would like and not feeding her, her cereal when id like. i have asked her numerous times and i feel like i have finally had it! im out of ideas! what should i do.? . ;-/ am i asking is too much

dont wanna put her in daycare yet...i feel she is too young and i have a sense of comfort knowing she is with her grandmother and not a stranger

mariisasmommy

Asked by mariisasmommy at 5:22 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• Ok, weigh the comfort level of your DD being with family, but being fed on a slightly less than ideal schedule to that of being at a daycare where she may or may not be fed on a schedule and you don't have that comfort level at all. I would go with family on this one. Just talk with her again and stress to her that you'd like your DD to be on your specific schedule, but just realize that if it's not followed to a "t" the world will not fall apart, I promise. (and no that isn't meant to sound snarky) lol Relax a little and enjoy the fact you don't have to worry about leaving her with strangers.
    Anonymous

• If your MIL is NOT following YOUR directions, then she CANNOT watch your child. It's that simple, really. You can try telling her that: If you go against me ONE MORE TIME, this baby is going to daycare. But if you're not ready to back it up, that's useless.

I'd be making the change, myself.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:24 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Unfortunatly that is a risk you take when you have family watch your little ones...I know what to expect when my family watches mine. If you don't like it and she is not listening to you, then you should probably put her in daycare...
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 5:25 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• If you are not paying her and don't want to put her in daycare,, then let mil do it her own way. Daycare full time for my kids is more than $2000 a month! I really wouldn't be complaining, she's not going to hurt your baby. Even if you put her in a regular daycare they probably wouldn't feed her on your sched, they have other babies to care for.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 5:25 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• really when they get to eating food they are gonna eat when they want. I was kinda pissed at my son's prek that they didnt make him finish his plate but they can't force feed a child. If your baby is not eating when grandma gives it to her at the time you ask her then maybe grandma is trying again later and its probably gettin your schedule a little out of whack but would you rather her not feed her?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:30 PM on Jan. 25, 2010