What would you change about your child's education?

If you could, what would you change about your child's education or the school your child is in?

Cafe Jenn

Asked by Cafe Jenn at 5:30 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would homeschool. That way, we could work at a higher level than what he gets at public school. I can't even afford private school.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:32 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Longer school day, longer school year, less homework

Answer by rkoloms at 8:45 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• i have my first child in school now he is in all day kindergarten. i don't think all day is important. it is the same curriculum as 1/2 day, now there is more recess, snacks, lunch and specials. i wouldn't mind if there was more educating going on.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:47 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• i would love to be more educated myself so that i could homeschool. well...i am not sure about homeschooling. for my SD i wish that she hadn't had to change schools so much and that she had consistent more one-on-one work with teachers. i feel like she needs more work on the basics. she is in 3rd. my SS, i just wish that he brought home more actual class work so that we knew more about what he was doing and we could see more of what he was doing. I also wish that his teacher communicated better with us and that we had recieved popcorn words sooner to work with him on at home. i don't even know what they do towards math. i am unfamiliar with Kindergarten expectations in general. i guess i would love to be able to homeschool if i knew my kids would enjoy it, learn more, and still be able to do extra curriculars. i wish that they were more involved too.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:51 PM on Jan. 25, 2010