Public or Private and how did you chose?

Does your child attend a private or public school and what made you chose that school?

Cafe Jenn

Asked by Cafe Jenn at 5:31 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Public school is my area is very nice. Private schools aren't all they are cracked up to be. Rich kids with more money to get into trouble
    Anonymous

• public... my little sister just transitioned from private to public, and now my mother is dealing with some serious behavioral issues.... too much money, not enough discipline.... over protected, and now suddenly over exposed.

my kids will deal with the realities of real life...
    katatrinakay

Answer by katatrinakay at 7:08 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• public because we have good school system and we could never afford private school.
    Anonymous

• Private even though we have an excellent public system. We loved how the school incorporates religion into everything. Plus, they expect children to behave and will discipline to get that behavior.
    indymom22

Answer by indymom22 at 8:23 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Public! My daughter could not be getting a better education anywhere in the US. If you are in Chicago, I will be happy to help you navigate the system.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:44 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• public, i can't imagine paying so much for elementary education. we will re evaluate for high school, though.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:45 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• public. we don't have the money for private even if we wanted to send tehm to private. so we have never researched any private schools.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:46 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Private (Christian) because the public school district we're in sucks big time, and we can't drive 20 miles each way twice a day and I won't put my kids on the bus for 3-4 hours a day for the neighboring school district (rural area, districts are huge). It was really a no-brainer for us. Plus my SILs kids go to the other district we'd go to and some of our kids would be in the same grades and that right there was the big deal breaker for me (can't stand her kids, my kids don't like them either). So even though we really can't afford it, they're in "private" school.
    Anonymous