Odor coming from my 14 yo dog

There's a strange odor coming from my 14 yo toy poodle. I bathe her all the time, and gave her a good bath last night to eliminate the possibility of something she rubbed in outside. She still smells. I cannot find an abscess or anything anywhere on her body. What can it be? I realize she's old but she still has a lot of energy and spirit.

redmoonintexas

Asked by redmoonintexas at 5:40 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Pets

• puppyYou know I have a Golden Retriever and with her there is an odor too but to me it smells like spoiled milk I just tried washing her really good around her ears and it helped some I don't know what it could be only that she could have some kind of ear thing going on she don't act old ( she is 8 yrs. old) then again I have another Golden but he is a boy and he is constantly licking her on her face and ears so maybe he some how cleaned her up I don't really smell her that much anymore. But I never did take her to the vet either...Hope we find the problem.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 5:48 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• This is going to sound REALLY gross, but take her to the vet and have them drain her anal glands. That could be causing the odor. Good luck.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 5:44 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Has she wver had anal gland issues? The smell could be her anal glands or she might have a skin infection. I would suggest that you take her in to the vet and have them check her out.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 5:45 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I would say it's either the front end (her teeth) or her back end (anal glands) or her ears.
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 6:43 PM on Jan. 25, 2010