Have you ever woke up with a new ache or pain for no reason?

I woke up with unbearable foot pain! I don't recall doing anything to it! Dropping anything on it. Slipping on ice. Etc.. I know my old shoes are broken and crap. But useable. I wear my shoes until they litterally fall apart or off my feet. You know moms' come last! Anyway any clue? A bad pain! Where I can't walk or put weight on it! Any ideas? Did this ever happen to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Health

• I wake up each day with a new ache and pain but nothing like what you described. Sometimes a foot problem is due to the way we walk and it causes muscle problems. So the calf muscle could be giving you problems but it comes out as foot pain. I would soak my feet in epsom salts if you have them. If not, just hot water. I would massage them and my calves and do stretches to see if any stretches can pin point a spot where the problem really is. Old broken down shoes sometimes makes us walk on the side of our foot. That screws up the leg muscles which can in turn punish the foot. Please buy some new shoes. Target has some great shoes on clearance for $7.00. I found some New Balance (new in box with tags) at the Goodwill for $6.00). There are inexpensive good shoe deals out there. You can't take care of your children if you can't walk.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:53 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I have that happen every now and then. It's like a shooting pain in my foot. Sometimes I get what feels like the bottom of my foot spliting open when I step down. Usually it hurts like hell to walk until I put my shoes on. Mine are always bone spurs. They go away in a day or two.
    Punky_1981

Answer by Punky_1981 at 5:54 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Sounds like you have a charlie horse.
    It could be something as simple as you tensing your foot in your sleep. To the point that the muscle cramped.
    It could be that you simply twisted it wrong in your sleep or just as you were waking up..

I have woken up at times with weird pains with absolutely no idea where they came from. Not my idea of a good wake up call, but apparently my body didn't agree.

I don't agree that moms don't come first. I am a member of my family and I am just as important as anyone in this family. I don't get put to the back of the line, just as my husband or kids don't get put to the back of the line. If I need shoes, then I get shoes. Just as they would get what they needed when they need it. It should be the same for everyone.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:26 PM on Jan. 25, 2010