Does all cats do this or just mine?

I was petting my cat today and she was acting strange I don't know if it is mating time for her but every time I'd pet her from head to tail she would lower her body but to where it is touching the ground it was like she had very short legs she looked funny walking away like this imagine a cat with 2inch legs walking...lol then she wet to one of my rugs and started rolling around and twisting and turning...hmmm?
Could she just be horny...LOL???
Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:54 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Pets

• both our male and female cats do that...when they do we call them lover boy or lover girl
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:57 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Sounds like she's in heat (mating time!) Ours did that a couple times a month before we got her fixed. I hated it! lol.. she'd drive me nuts. it was kinda funny though because anytime she'd here my fiances voice, she'd get all aroused. Her tail would go up in the air and she'd start purring. Then she'd lay on her belly and take tiny steps with her back feet but stay in place so she was kind of rubbing on the floor. As soon as he'd stop talking, she'd stop.
    Megs5384

Answer by Megs5384 at 6:14 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Yes, it sounds like she's in heat. By wetting on the floor and rolling in it is her way of letting her "Scent" out there. That lets the male/female cats know that it's time to mate.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:17 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• LoL to Megs5384, my cat got all horny whenever my hubby came close or spoke too!!!!! How funny! Thankfully she got fixed last week, so no more annoying in heat cat!!!
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 10:51 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Lol thats funny... Yup shes in heat alright. I have 4 females (none are fixed, they r all indoor) and theres not one day where one of them isnt meowin or rolling around. Our black cat Mouse always does those silly things with her back legs, its so funny!
    MummaMel

Answer by MummaMel at 7:55 PM on Feb. 21, 2010