Do you LOVE your pets?

Is it possible to love your animals just as much as you would your own child I mean if anything were to happen (God forbid) of course it would be my beautiful kids. What I am saying is I look at my dogs and they just look so fun and loving and so cute to me and when I talk to them they act as though they know what I am saying or feeling. I know I am strange this way but this is how I feel for them...lol Love.
Thank you ladies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:57 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Pets

• maybe for some people but i would never put an animal on the same level as my child. I wouldnt put them before my child
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:58 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I think all pets are to be loved in one way or another.
    Heck, I've had eyes full of Tears from finding out that a dog that I helped watch had to be put down a few days ago- cried like a baby when I found out!
    I totally understand- so yes I love pets-
    LadyAronna

Answer by LadyAronna at 5:59 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I do love my pets. They are a member of my family, and there is nothing I wouldn't do to keep one of them happy, healthy, and safe. They look to me for things they need. I am there to care for them like their "mommy". They are just like my kids. If I failed at keeping them safe, and healthy, then I would never forgive myself.
    Punky_1981

Answer by Punky_1981 at 6:05 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Well thank you LadyAronna atleast I know you know what I mean I don't mean to love them the same as your kids but to love them it's a different love either way I get that loving feeling for them.

And yes I too would be crying to if I found out some news like that :(

Anonymous

• I love animals. If it has fur or feathers, I think it's cute and want to take it home with me.
    I also have 18 month old twins. Until I had children I never knew that kind of love. So no, I don't think it's the same for pets as it is for kids. I have survived the loss of a lot of pets and although I miss them, life goes on. If something ever happened to one of my kids I would never get over it and quite possibly would not survive grief like that.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 6:38 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I love my pets!!! Sometimes I like them more then my son :)
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 7:06 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I LOVE my pets! It obviously isn't the same love that I feel for my children, but it is love nonetheless. They are part of my family.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:20 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I love my pets very much, and consider them part of my family. I would do a great deal for my pets, to save them or to help them in some way, or to make their lives easier. However, my pets are not my children, they are not human. If there were some choice between my pets and my children, my children would absolutely come first, without question or hesitation.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 11:45 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Yes I love my pets. I call my dogs my 4 legged kids. As stated before if it came between my kids and my dogs though my kids would win everytime. I had a black lab (before I had kids) that went with me EVERYWHERE. If we went through a drive through she got a cheeseburger. I was so bad that I swear she didn't think she was a dog. When she passed away I cried for a few days. I have pictures of her everywhere in the house and even have her "special" blanket hanging in my bedroom next to one of her pictures.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 10:11 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I think you can love your animls, I love mine.I have 2 dogs and 1 cat. my cat is 15yrs. old and i've been thinking about what i'm going to do if he passes, i would be crushed. I've had him since he was a kitten. I also have 5yr old twin girls and i would absolutly take them over my 15yr. old cat.
    lilybug524

Answer by lilybug524 at 12:07 PM on Jan. 26, 2010