New to blended family routine- need advice!

So dh and I recently married and blended our family together. My 2 kids and his 1. I'm uncertain as to how everyone else in this situation does it. We have all 3 kids on a weekly basis and have them 4 days of the week. Do we treat their time here with us as more of a visitation, or do we go about life as normal with routines, chores, grocery shopping, etc?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:02 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Normal
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 6:09 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• life as normal! always be sure all kids know that they are at home!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:33 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• normal. there is a group on here for blended families that you may find helpful. i like it and you should be able to get all the advice you need from women in your situation! i don't know how to link or anything on here or i would put it.

it sounds like you have them more than not, so you definately need to get your own routine for homework, meals, sleeping, grocery, etc. you need to make a life just as you would if they were there all the time and you want them to feel at home in your home.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:37 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• OP Here: I agree with all of you. I have been treating things very normal so far, but dh has been treating his son like he's on a visitors pass and he has no consequence to any mis-behavior, no regular chores such as help sort your laundry, take your bedroom trash out, make your bed, etc. My dh even goes the distance to spend as much one on one time with him every single Sunday, explaining he doesn't work then and his son has no school. This irritates me a bit, because I do not take a whole day every single weekend to hang out "only" with my 2 daughters- maybe twice a month, but that's it. There is too much family stuff/house stuff/etc to be done round the clock and with both my dh and I working FT, I'm having trouble having him understand that all day Sundays every single week is like having an absintee husband and my daughters also wonder why the special privelage their stepbrother gets. They are all similar ages
    Anonymous