For those of you who decided not to follow the bible and go on your own spiritual path....

Which path did you choose? Why was it the most peaceful for you? I have decided that the bible is too tainted to take as truth, so I am going on my own spiritual path. I like the belief in energies and being one with God. I also believe in Jesus being divine. I guess I lean more towards gnostic Christianity, but dont believe the whole story about Sophia and Demuirge. It just sounds more like a mytholy. I would like to learn more about the mystical side of things. What path did you choose and would you be willing to chat with me? I'm asking anon cuz I don't want to risk a family or friend seeing this post. (not ready to come out of the closet yet lol) I'll pm you. thanks :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:09 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• You sound a bit New Age to me honestly. Have you looked into their general beliefs and ideas??

I, personally, am eclectic in my spirituality. I base most of my beliefs off Wicca and Hinduism and Im a witch as well.

My story can get longish LOL, but basically I woke up one day and was hit by lightning(figuratively)and realized I just didnt believe anymore in what I was raised(for 34 yrs). So I went searching and the more I searched the more I realized that the answers I figured God would give me one day were found in several things(hence the eclectic) but none were Christianity. So I left and havent been back since(so to speak).

You can message me if you wish.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 8:12 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• after much exploration (mainly out of curiosity, and to prove to myself that I really could NOT believe anything else), I discovered that I am by default, incapable believing an ANY spiritual realm, higher power, etc... it has brought me more peace than I could have ever experienced otherwise. Ahhh, Contentment!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:16 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Which path did you choose? >>>>>> I'm now a spiritual atheist.

Why was it the most peaceful for you? >>>>>>>> after years of studying religion, I didn't find anything in there that spoke to me with reason. Finding that I just didn't believe was where I found peace. Learning about natural energies helped me learn a lot about the reasoning behind some religions, and understand why there are so many that still have soo many similarities, even from the beginning before cultures began to mix.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:28 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I would actually LOVE to suggest a book for you to read that talks about energies from a scientific stand point. If you would like to pm me, I'd be glad to give you the name of the book and a few other's I've read about natural energies etc. ALso feel free to read my journal entries.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:30 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• We attend the Unitarian Universalist church now. DH is a member of the Golden Dawn and we practice esoteric Christianity (which has some gnostic aspects) and esoteric Judaism and we celebrate most pagan holidays. We do magick. We like Jesus. We chant in Hebrew. We cast spells. I have Sanskrit tattoos. I'm happy to talk with you about maintaining sanity when your family is all "concerned about your immortal soul."
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:42 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• We're agnostic atheists. We take a very skeptical (and sometimes cynical) view towards the world and religion in particular. Like Obby, I don't think my husband and I are physically or mentally capable of believing in a higher power. It just isn't feasible for us, and we're happy this way.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:19 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Which path did you choose?
    I didn't really choose a path. Not being Christian wasn't really a choice. It was more how i feel inside. I've never been a Christian. And i've always been Pagan. Even before i know what it was. ...Eclectic Pagan Witch to be more specific.

Why was it the most peaceful for you?
    It's most peaceful to me because it allows me to think for myself yet, gives me answers to my questions by allowing me to seek them. It encourages me to know myself, be myself and take care of myself in every physical, mental and spiritual way. Which in turn allows me to be a better everything for everyone else.

You may message me if you want.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:09 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• well, I consider myself a spiritualist, but not religious in any way. I study and practice metaphysics. I believe in a Most High and I acknowledge many deities. I use magick and prayer. I'm in no classified group of believers b/c I incorporate whatever I feel is right for me, and it varies. Im not Christian, not Pagan, not Wiccan, not Voodan, not Atheist, and not Agnostic. Im me and Im free, after all we create out own reality.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 7:42 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• May I suggest a Unitarian Universalist church? I know most host a class entitles "Build your own theology". It's a fabulous class that helps you understand exactly what it is you believe and it's a lot of fun too boot.
    paganmom05

Answer by paganmom05 at 9:03 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I would love to chat with you about these things through private posts if your interested let me know
    bearsbabies

Answer by bearsbabies at 11:23 AM on Jan. 26, 2010