Is this normal with periods??

I just had my monthly last week..I waited a few days before having sex..However I had some slight bleeding afterwards..Is this normal or should I be concerned??

Blakesbabygirl

Asked by Blakesbabygirl at 6:13 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Health

• Sometimes the cervix is sensitive and can bleed a little after sex, especially if it was rough or if you are pregnant.
    Anonymous

• Well it wasn't rough..And I don't think that I'm pregnant..Or at least I better not be or my birth control is completely not working..Thank you so much for the quick response
    Blakesbabygirl

Answer by Blakesbabygirl at 6:19 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• It could be that last little bit coming out. I have had that where I think I am totally done and I have a bit more come out and yes if you have rough sex it can do that too.
    Anonymous

• I know about the rough sex part, but we normally have rough sex and this is the first time that this has happened
    Blakesbabygirl

Answer by Blakesbabygirl at 6:21 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I guess I should'be put in there that I am having some slight cramps every couple of hrs
    Blakesbabygirl

Answer by Blakesbabygirl at 6:22 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• 1st Anon here. Sorry, I know unexpected bleeding can be alarming. Personally, I have pretty irregular bleeding, especially if I just started a new birth control. Maybe give your Dr.'s office a call. Good luck, I hope everything is ok for you.
    Anonymous

• 1st Anon: I've been on the same birth control for almost a year now..I'm gonna be making an appt for April which is when my next yearly exam is due unless this keeps up..If it does then I'm going to go sooner..Thank you so much for your help
    Blakesbabygirl

Answer by Blakesbabygirl at 6:32 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Sometimes a monthly can make the cervix sensitive and with sex it irritates the cervix. Which causes light bleeding. It can be normal also for a period to stop for a day or two and the start again.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:59 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Thanks JazzlikeMraz..I appreciate your help
    Blakesbabygirl

Answer by Blakesbabygirl at 7:01 PM on Jan. 25, 2010