Is she ready for potty training? (3-day method)

My daughter is 20 months. She doesn't tell me at all when she has to go to the bathroom, so I don't think she is ready BUT I have been reading about the 3-day method and do you think that will help her learn to tell me when she goes? haha does that make sense? Should I try using it or wait? Any advice would be GREAT! Thanks.

ElMysMama

Asked by ElMysMama at 6:18 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daugther is 21 months and I just potty trained her in about 2 weeks time. I put her in underpants, no pull-ups. I set the kitchen timer for 20 minutes. When it beeps, we go to the bathroom and sit on the potty. If she goes, we set the timer again for 20. If not, then we add 5 or 10 minutes and try again. Now, I had been taking her to the potty in the morning when she woke up and before baths and she had been telling me "pee pee" when she had to go. So I took that cue from her that she would be ready. But, I honestly don't see any harm in trying. This method worked really well for her. Good luck :)
    cschwanger

Answer by cschwanger at 8:25 PM on Jan. 25, 2010