Christians, how old were you when you began to understand and comprehend the concept of God

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:23 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Unfortunately it wasn't until recently. I'm 24.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 6:27 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• There's a lot of levels of understanding. I understood that there was a God around 4 or 5. Understanding His personal nature has been the product of a lifetime and still not something I understand.

I think for your purposes, the concept of God happens when children start to understand abstract concepts, which developmentally happens around 12. Before that children are "concrete" thinkers. They can understand Jesus and the need for a savior, but understanding the omniscience of God is a bit beyond them.
    lifetimelove

Answer by lifetimelove at 6:38 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• God, IDK young, God's love, just in the past few years
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:41 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• 19. But I didn't know God at all until then either.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 7:18 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I'm really not sure at what age I began to understand. I know its a continual process that I'm still working on.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:29 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Know without a doubt that there's a God, I would have to say 4. But I am still confused on wether God is forgiving of all things, if God is an angry old man in the sky ready to lightning bolt yah if you so much as sneeze or a mixture of both...
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 5:05 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• About 30ish, so not too long ago. Things just started sinking in. Im a late bloomer.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 10:24 AM on Jan. 26, 2010