Why do people worry so much about other people's lives and what they do?

Does it really matter? Do we have to have opinions on things that have nothing to do with our own lives? Is it something women just do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Women are more outward about it then men, but it is something that comes naturally to the entire human race.
    It mostly is derived from one of two things ...

1. The person isn't satisfied enough in their own life, and instead of changing that they have to meddle in other people's lives.

2. People are nosy and don't know how to mind their own.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:37 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Sometimes things just hit home with people and they feel the need to speak from their own experience to try to save others from going through what they did. If someone sees a situation that could be potentially harmful to a person or their children, they worry. It's not necessarily being nosy, but perhaps it's having compassion for the people involved and wanting to help. Just because things don't directly affect your life doesn't mean they don't affect you as a person. That's just my opinion though.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 6:41 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Because most of us care about other people. And if we see a problem they are having, and we have some advice, then we give it, to help them. That, and when it's someone you can't stand, and they are mucking up, it's fun to sit and talk shit about them:)
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 6:58 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Well, why are you on this site if you don't give a damn about other peoples lives??
    Raine2001

• It's not just women, it's human nature. If you can help someone else or save a child wouldn't you? How would you know if you didn't take an interest in other peoples lives?
    Anonymous

• Chill out Raine, it was a simple question. Who said we didn't give a damn about other people's lives. There's a difference between caring about others and putting yourself in other people's business when you don't belong!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 7:47 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Good question. I'd like to know why a certian idiot told my husband (who I am separated from) that I was 37 weeks when I delivered my DS instead of 33 weeks.
    Anonymous

• Because people are unhappy in their lives and want to make someone else miserable. I don't really care what goes on in someone else life, unless it is close family. I do my best not to judge.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 1:42 AM on Jan. 26, 2010