What is the age you let your baby cry it out?

We just moved our 2 month old into her own room and the down side is shes across the house. When we put her to bed she has to have her binky, but she drops it and cries till she gets it back. I was wondering whats the average age that its ok to let your baby cry it out?

Froggy_girl1790

Asked by Froggy_girl1790 at 6:53 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• CIO advocates say six months.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:54 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• NEVER, CIO is cruel and horrendous not to mention damaging to your child's psyche. She thinks you have abandoned her and it will cause serious emotional damage. Why would anyone want to do that to a child?
    Anonymous

• give ur kid the damn binky. just get up and keep doing it untill they DO go to sleep. we let my DD cry it out at 6 months ONCE, then we waiting untill she was 10 months before we did it again. goof luck!
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 6:58 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• too young, get up and give her the binki imo
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:12 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Never. My son is two and we never let him cry it out. Please check out Science Says: Excessive Crying Could Be Harmful To Babies. 

PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 7:25 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Never.

It's not safe to have that young of a baby that far away from you. Move the baby back in your room and take care of her night time needs. That's part of being a mom.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:54 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• 9 months for my son and it was the best thing for him! It took him 3 nights of crying (first night 30 minutes, second night 10 minutes, and third night 5 minutes) before he started begging to be put to bed. On the 4th night he was so weird acting I couldn't figure out what his deal was, it was 1.5 hours before his normal bedtime but eventually I figured out he wanted to go to bed! I put him in his crib, he rolled over and went to sleep and has been a wonderful sleeper ever since. He started napping so much better during the day and sleeping better at night too. He is now 2.5 and takes a 3 hour nap every day and sleeps 11 hours at night. He plays very hard all day though. :-)

At 2 months old I would never CIO. Just give her back her pacifier.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 7:55 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• We never did. You baby may be hungry or lonely. At that age I always nursed her to sleep.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:57 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• AGE 3 , LOL My DD was never a crier as an infant. She went to bed no trouble at all. Now at age 3 she has started throwing fits, and yeah, we let her CIO.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 8:24 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• 8 months is what I always felt comfortable with letting them cry it out. I think that up to 6 months, they just need that extra security that they are not alone.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:42 PM on Jan. 25, 2010