any help for a little 2 year old that has a runny nose

My daughter has a cold again and she is having a hard time breathing...doctor won't give her anything for at least 10 days... any suggestions on what I can give her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:07 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Kids' Health

• there is nothing you can give her.
    sorry
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:14 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• health 911.. perxiod 3% solution in her ears. go to that site its had all kinds of at home remidies
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 7:39 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• We use Boiron Coldcalm
    No dairy - it increase mucus
    Keep her well hydrated; make some miso soup.
    Run a hot shower and let her play in the steamy bathroom

Answer by rkoloms at 7:55 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• is there a humidifier in her room? they are great in the winter. let the nose run, it is your body's way of getting rid of dead and sick cells! i think your dr. is great to wait 10 days!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:24 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• if she is stuffy when she is trying to sleep, let her sleep sitting up in the living room chair, in addition to the other good suggestions
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 12:37 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• What are you expecting the doctor to give her ? There is nothing unless it turns into an infection.

Just let it run it's course. I use to use benadryl occasionally for my kids at night, but now I don't think they recommend that for her age.

Just give her tissues, teach her how to blow her nose. Lots of fluid and cut down dairy like someone said.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Jan. 26, 2010