When do I switch detergents for my little one?

Right now I use Dreff or the baby detergent for my 20 month old. I was wondering when do I stop using this stuff and use regular laundry detergent. I normally use All-Free or Cheer-free due to allergies.

Babymayyoung

Asked by Babymayyoung at 7:14 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• giver her a blanket that you have that is washed in teh diff stuff, if it doesnt bother her then go ahead and switch
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:15 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I never used Dreff. Too expensive and absolutely unnecessary. My baby was sensitive to regular detergents so I used All Free-- so much cheaper. So you could go ahead and switch now, especially since you are using All Free.
    Anonymous

• derm recomended All free & clear for dd. dreft is was too fragranced
    Anonymous

• I never used Dreft or any baby detergent. We use All Free & Clear from the beginning.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 7:39 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I always used regular Tide for my kids from the time they were newborns. Wash something of hers in regular detergent and see if it bothers her.

Answer by missanc at 8:07 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I never used Dreft either; we just always used a free-and-clear from day one.

You just need to try it, and watch her skin to find out.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:15 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Dreft is one of the worst detergents on the market - it's more harsh than almost every other detergent. Fillers, fragrances, other crap - it eats away at metal over time, moreso that regular Tide or the equivalent! Switch NOW, especially if you're using a free & clear detergent - it's not much better but it is gentler than dreft is!
    Anonymous

• With my oldest I used it for about 4 months. But with all my boys, I used regular detergent. I use Arm and Hammer and it is great. I would say switch.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 1:35 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Try it out! I used dreft for the first year. If no sensitivity occurs, continue to use regular detergent. SOme mother dont use hyro-allergenics at all. But store brand is inexpensive.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 1:55 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I used Dreft until she turned one. Then we switched to a dye free/ perfume free detergent. I buy the Costo brand free and clear detergent and she's never had a problem with it.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 1:03 PM on Jan. 26, 2010