try to figure out if im having contraction

okay i know what contractions feel like both pain wise and how the belly feels, but latley the baby has been laying balled up in a way that my whole tummy feels hard as a rock from the top to bottem of my uturas and its all the time so i am having touble telling if i am having contractions or not, i get menstral like cramps every so offten but when i go to feel the belly i cant tell. is there any other way to tell or should i just wait till i cant bare the pain?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:17 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If it is a contraction the pain will hold for a minute or so then release. if it is a constant pain you are feeling it's probably baby stretching or curled up.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:33 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• How far along are you? Assuming you are full term, there really isnt a necessity to determine if you are having early labor contractions. If you are in actual labor the contractions will gradually get more painful til you are able to determine that you are in actual labor. I had menstrual cramp like contractions every 6 minutes for the first 14 hours of my labor with this last baby. At that point they went to every 4 minutes and were longer but not much more painful. Then about 8 hours later they were every 2 minutes but they really didnt get overly painful until 27 hours into labor and then he was born 4 hours later. I consider my labor to be 16 hours because it was at that point that they got closer together and were longer so I was able to determine at that point that I was in labor. I went in to Kaiser at that point and my water broke 7 minutes after getting there
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 10:44 PM on Jan. 25, 2010