Do you bathe your kids every day?

I bathe both of my boys together only on school nights. If its a long holiday like christmas, I just do every other day. Is that bad? I just dont feel like I need to bathe them every single day. They are 4 and 1.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:26 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• I bathe my kids (3 &8 mos) every other day. They don't get that dirty and I don't want to dry their skin out.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 7:45 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• 1 or 2x a wk in the winter
    Anonymous

• I bathe mine everyday... i personally don't like the smell of baby sweat. She's 2 and she gets a bath either once or twice a day... i guess she doesn't need them that often, but we all feel better and are a lot less cranky after a bath. Plus, her hair is to the middle of her back and she ALWAYS gets food in it. We also lotion frequently as well.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 7:30 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• 1 or 2x a wk in the winter - EWWWWWWW

My son baths every day, sure there has been the occasionaly weekend where we were lazy and he didnt, but for the most part yes. He is way too active not too. (He is 6)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:34 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Mostly every night, but I feel so awful that I'm definitely going to be lazy and not give a bath tonight. I'm nauseous and I don't need to be leaning over the tub. We haven't left the house since Sat. so it's not as though she is dirty. Her bath can wait until tomorrow night.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:38 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• My kids suffer from eczema so they only get bathed every other day or unless they are really dirty because it strips all the natural oils off the skin that lotion can't replace. Doctor's orders.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 7:40 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I bathe my 2-year old son every evening, but it's not necessary to do it that often.
    Anonymous

• Usually every night. But if they aren't playing outside, and it's cold out, then they can skip it. Their skin does get really dry. It's when they start to sweat that they need to shower every day, like during puberty. But in the summer, it's everyday unless something is going on, like I'm sick.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 7:58 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• We used to do every night until we moved to Colorado. All of our skin has gotten so dry, that it has started to hurt, crack and even bleed on our knuckles, so the kids only get a bath every other night and smothered in lotion. They do get wiped down with a warm wash cloth daily.

My husband and I still shower at least once a day, because we would stink if we didn't, but our skin is very uncomfortable.
    Anonymous

• I do my son every other day doctor order
    kadmomma

Answer by kadmomma at 8:21 PM on Jan. 25, 2010