Do you think that it will affect him?

my baby likes to watch my husband play Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2... I'm sure many of your hubbys play it- The violence never bugged me but now that I think about it I wonder if watching him play this will affect him... I'm not one to believe that violent video games screw kids up ( I think most kids that use that excuse are already screwed up)

anyways- why do you think he likes to watch it so much? How long should I let him watch it? Does he even comprehend what he's watching?

Kalebs_mommy23

Asked by Kalebs_mommy23 at 7:30 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It's the visual and auditory over stimulation that concerns me. It's hard to calm them down after such stimulation. I heard to keep them away from it at least two hours prior to bedtime.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:35 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• how old?
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:31 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I would not be lettting a baby watch violent games like that. just saying. he probably likes to watch it cause it is constant motion and sound.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 7:32 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I wouldn't let my young children watch it at all.
    Anonymous

• sorry I thought i put how old. 5 months.
    Kalebs_mommy23

Answer by Kalebs_mommy23 at 7:34 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• dh is only allowed to play those kinds of cames after the children go to bed
    Anonymous

• I would be a little worried about over stimulation. But my kids liked to watch my hubby play games like that when they were younger. They'd watch for about a half an hour and then I'd try to get their attention to something else. All of my kids are fine (they're 11, 5, & 4 BTW)
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 7:38 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• tv is bad for brain development, google it
    also a great bk to read is The Plug-In Drug, by Marie Winn
    Anonymous

• Yes it will affect him. He watches becasue of the noise and visual effects. Let him watch Sesame street but not that crap. Your husband has to make a sacrifice not to play that when your son is around.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 7:50 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I would not let my DS near one of those games. I believe what happens when a child is young, even when he/she doesn't understand what is being seen, affects them for the rest of their life. There are some things you can't un-see.
    Anonymous