Moving baby to thier own room

A friend of mine is pressuring me to move my 12 month old out of my bedroom. I feel like its where he belongs for now and haven't made any plans to move him out until I have something else to put in that crib.

Whenever I mention Marco (my son) having woken me up, or once diarrhea in his sleep, once vomit, she always says why don't you just move him out? I feel like telling her because I'm a mom 24-7, not just when its convenient. I don't, I just say its what works for us.

I know there has to be benefits to moving him out, I just don't know what they are.

When did you move your baby out? Why?

Christina2135

Asked by Christina2135 at 7:39 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• Don't let people pressure you. I did, and I regret it. I felt that my son belonged in my room too, but caved to pressure from my husband to put him in his own room at 8 weeks. I will not make that mistake with this next baby. Do what YOU feel is RIGHT.
    Anonymous

• privacy, and so that as he got older it would be less of a fight, with most things the older they are when you make a change the harder it is.
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:41 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• My older child was 2yrs; I was pregnant and he is a wild sleeper.

My younger child was 3yrs. old.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 7:47 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• My older 3 kids moved out of my room once they were soundly sleeping through the night...around 6 months. My youngest stayed in my room until she was 16 months but that was only because we didn't have room for her anywhere else. We moved after that and she had her own room. I never slept well with the kids in my room and got them out as soon as they weren't waking up in the middle of the night. They also slept better in their own room since they weren't being woken by me and my husband moving around.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:57 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• All 4 of mine went in their own room from the first night home from the hospital. My bedroom is for me and my dh and I like having that privacy/intimacy with him - it keeps the romance alive!

Answer by missanc at 8:10 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Do whatever you feel is right, don't ever let anyone pressure you! My son slept with us until he was 13 months. We moved him out because he was a wild sleeper and wanted to snack on me all night! I really wasn't getting any sleep and it was making me grouchy so I knew to be a happier mom I needed to move him out. It was perfect for us and I wouldn't give up that time we co-slept for anything, no matter how many crazy looks I got!
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 8:26 PM on Jan. 25, 2010