What exactly is the difference between cut green beans and french cut!

Are they 2 different beans?

Raine2001

Asked by Raine2001 at 7:42 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Same bean they are just cut different.. I personally like the french better, I think they have better flavor due to the cuts.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:45 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Ha ha! It was supposed to be a '?' not a '!'. Oh well. I like the french cut better, too. I grew up on them. They do taste better. (just like the green M&M's)
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 7:54 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• i think the french cut are cut in half too(as in down the middle), giving them more flavor.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:50 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• French Cut are skinny, stringy like beans. Cut beans are just cut in half. I like the cut green beans better. I will eat them right out of the can..not heated, no butter or anything. YUM

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:39 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Cut green beans are the whole bean cut into short segments. For French cut, the whole bean is put through a frencher, like how a potato is cut for french fries - it's cut into strips the long way. They don't tast a bit different.
    Anonymous

• I like the french cut better then the whole green beans but its the same thing, just cut different and I think they taste better.
    Texan1993

Answer by Texan1993 at 7:57 PM on Jan. 26, 2010