Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I correct the wrong birthday on my son's birth certificate?

James' was born May 25, but b.c. states May 28. I live in the state of Missouri if that helps. Until office opens tomorrow, I have no clue who to call.

Answer Question

Asked by momof2boy2girl at 7:43 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • Do you have your proof of birth letter still? If not, go to the hospital he was born at and see if you can get a copy. Take that to the office of vital records, fill out an application for a new birth certificate (you can find one online and fill it out at home, expedites the process) and they'll correct it right there.

    Answer by nicolemstacy at 7:47 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

  • I'd guess you would have to go down to your county clerk's office (maybe at the city hall or courthouse) and take proof of when the baby was born, like your hospital records.

    Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 7:47 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.