Will my child be made fun of if...?

I name him Kaseton (Kay-ston) Davis? Davis is my last name, I'm usuing it for middle since baby will be taking his fathers. But now that the inlaws to be know what name we're going with they're throwing names like Tyler at me etc. Tyler is way to common in my book and Kaseton although it may be different, isn't that crazy unusual is it? I mean in a world where he'll grow up with Landon's, Jaidons, Trenton's...etc. how different is Kaseton? or am I the weird one? Is Kaseton really a bad sounding make fun-able name? Is that their opinion since they're in their 50-60s? ;)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:47 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• its kinda hard to say,but not teasable imo
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 7:48 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• no i think it's cute. i don't think he'd get made fun of.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 7:55 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• i don't think so, i agree that tyler is too common, but I am naming my son Maxxamillion. so i may be biased. I love that name Kaseton, very nice. nobody should make fun of it, i know a person named his sons Vash and Tunksius, also MJ named his youngest Blanket
    maxxsmommy13

Answer by maxxsmommy13 at 7:55 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I don't think he'll get made fun of. It's a nice name, but it may get mispronounced a lot. That will be frustrating, but won't be a blow to his self esteem. You're so right about Tyler being a common name lol my hubby and step daughter's names are both Tyler haha.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 7:59 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• It will get mispronounced.

All children get made fun of for something. I don't think the name you chose would be it. There is a naming website where you can type in the name and people who have the name or a variant of it write in to discuss why they like and dislike their name-- potential jokes in school and everything. I can't remember the site-- Google can help.

ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:22 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I think it is an unusual and unique name.
    In my opionion it sounds a little girly and may be shortened to "kay" as he gets older.
    Its so hard picking out a childs name because it makes you think of every possible angle how kids could make fun of it or what it would be interpreted as.
    But the bottom line is, if you like it..it will grow on other people..and i'm sure he'll be a smart,strong and confident young man that could withstand any body making fun of a name.
    Anonymous

• Honestly, kids will tease other kids on any and everything. I wouldn't worry about it unless you name your kid Shithead (Shi-theed) or something crazy like that
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 8:42 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I like the name, I just think you should spell it different. Otherwise, it will always be mispronounced, misspelled, and that would get very annoying to me. Also - I just read a study that showed that the more "unusual" a parent spelled their child's name, the lower intelligence they typically had. Not saying you are not intelligent!!!! But people may just think you couldn't spell...Lol
    Anonymous

• Someone somewhere will make up something to make fun of with it, but they'd make up something to tease with Tyler or something too. Kids are kids, I think that's a really cute name! My kids names are Trevis and Mavrick, my mom didn't like the names but after they were born, she forgot about it :) I think as long as the child (and parents) can spell it (with out starting over, ha!) it's fine!
    Bran6903

Answer by Bran6903 at 8:47 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I think its cute!! I'm naming my son Kayne Ryder... and everyone on my husbands side makes fun of it... I think you should name your baby whatever you and your husband like :)
    Anonymous