LOVE or Lasting Fling?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for about 8 months. He's perfect for me....nice, loving, caring and will do anything for me. The only problem is that sometimes I think about my ex's and wish I could be in contact with them. He is my first serious relationship. Sometimes I just wish I could go back to being single and to be able to talk to other guys too. Any Advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:18 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• When you find "the one" there will be no question. You won't hesitate, you won't think of others, it won't even cross your mind. So, the fact that you're asking pretty much says he isn't. Sorry, but that's just my own opinion.
    Anonymous

• you need to find out who you are first, then you are able to go looking for you mate, you no good to your self till you know who the heck you are to begin with.
    Anonymous

• Definitely not love. Love means you are totally committed to one person and you are choosing him from all the other men in the world. Love is for a lifetime. Nothing will ever be able to separate you from him except death, and you won't ever find yourself daydreaming about other guys.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:47 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Well, your not married, so you definitely have your options.

If you were married, I would remind you that commitment is a choice and not a feeling.

As you are, you're probably just getting past the normal infatuated stage, and this is the point where you can think logically about whether this guy is marriage material or not. Start asking yourself the hard questions about what you want out of husband, and how you want to be as a wife...and you can figure out if there's a future in the relationship.
    Anonymous