Pregnante and going threw divorce

I might be preggo. I dont know yet. we have a little while to wait till i know. The problem is that i am going threw a divorce. and it is not my husbands. What could happen?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Oh and let me add I have prof that my soon to be ex is sleeping with many other girls
    Anonymous

• nothing could happen, unless they consider it adultry which could happen depenting on the state. what state are you in?
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 8:47 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Nothing. One, you don't even know IF you're pregnant... Two, what really COULD happen? The big bad judge slam down the hammer on you? I don't understand why you are freaking out.

Do you have kids with your ex? Are you asking for alimony? I mean there are a lot of questions left unanswered, so clue us in a little bit.
    Anonymous

• Depends on the state you live in. In my state if a woman gets pregnant and not divorce at least 180 days she has to have an acceptance or denial of paternity from the EX. Best case is the ex signs denial. The bio father signs acceptance. You need to look at your state laws. At least two states will not grant a finalized divorce until after the child is born and paternity established so that the final decree reflects suppost, custody and visitation.
    Anonymous

• Please, learn to spell. It's "pregnant" and "through."
    Anonymous

• It depends on what you let happen. IF you just don't admit that you are pregnant, then there is no cause for concern. If you have no kids together, your divorce should be really quick and most likely you will not be required to even go to court. If you admit you are pregnant, some states will not allow the divorce to be completed until you give birth.

This is a question for your attorney. There are a lot of things to consider.
    Anonymous

• im sorry about my spelling errors. I dont know if I am, your right. I am just trying to figure it all out. I live in Michigan. I do have a child with my husband. This would not be his child though. Thank you
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't tell anyone until the divorce is final. Then I'd get up with the bio dad...or at least get child support from bio dad.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:23 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• If your relationship is mature enough for sex, then you are both certainly mature enough to have discussed how to handle an unplanned pregnancy before you started having sex.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:41 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• And semi-literate
    Anonymous