braxton hicks contractions?

im 37 weeks pregnant and 1cm dilated as of 36wks. ive been getting bh daily lasting for hours at a time, for about 2 weeks now. the closest they've been is 3mins apart for 3 hours. [that was a long uncomfortable night!] and they past couple days they seem alot stronger, the squeezing/hardening of my uterus seems soo much tighter. making them alot more uncomfortable and harder to deal with! :/ and they now give me pressure down there and in my butt, when i get them. do bh dilate and efface you? im hoping this means labor is getting close, im so uncomfortable!! :(

momma_2b_2010

Asked by momma_2b_2010 at 8:52 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• As a mother of three I can contest that bh do efface you. It is preparing your body for real contactions which will be anyday or minute now!! Congrats
    3beautbabies

Answer by 3beautbabies at 8:57 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• well bh is practice for active labor. I had them for 3 days - 4 weeks before i went into labor with my kids (i have 3) with many false calls. I suggest going to the hospital when you cant talk through your contractions.

Ashly

Sexy maternity/nursing lingerie
    www.mymerrymaternity.com
    MissAshly

Answer by MissAshly at 9:21 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• my doctor said that if i had contractions that last for 60-90 seconds for an hour and are about 4 min apart then that is considered labor not BH, but i do not plan to go into the hospital till they are too painful to talk through. but if you are having alot throughout the day i would call your doctor, you could be in labor. good luck mama. and congrats
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 9:29 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• and to your question yes they can help your cervix for labor
    michelle.coppes