ice cravings??

i get them every pregnancy...whats up with that??

sandraberke

Asked by sandraberke at 9:01 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• PICA : Pica is a medical disorder characterized by an appetite for substances largely non-nutritive (e.g. metal (coins, etc), clay, coal, soil, feces, chalk, paper, soap, mucus, ash, gum, etc.) I craved Ice so bad in my first pregnancy I accidentally chipped and cracked a tooth. Make sure its crushed! lol
    ellegrl

Answer by ellegrl at 9:17 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Could be a sign of anemia or just a craving.

When I was pregnant with my daughter I ate bags of ice and drove through drive-thrus asking for a large drinks with heavy ice. I couldn't get enough
    MChildressDem

Answer by MChildressDem at 9:09 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I was obsessed with the ice from Sonic while I was pregnant w/ both of my kiddos. It's pretty common.
    vances_mom

Answer by vances_mom at 9:18 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I know I had hot flashes and dehydration so that made me want ice, lots of cold drinks and popcicles! with sensitive teeth, i was glad when it was all over

Ashly
    Affordable, Sexy maternity/nursing lingerie
    http://www.mymerrymaternity.com

MissAshly

Answer by MissAshly at 9:19 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• craving ice can signal anemia or an iron deficiency. Have the docs check your bloodwork and make sure you don't need an additional iron supplement. All in all, ice is just frozen water though, so craving it is NOT BAD!!! I've craved water like nothing with this pregnancy since I was about 10 weeks. I'm 34 now and still craving it! It's crazy, but good for you and the baby.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 9:42 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I had cravings for "hospital ice". I worked there, It was free and plentiful. Then I went on maternity leave and totally jonesed for it!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 10:26 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• i like the ice from pizza hut. it could mean iron deficiency.
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 10:57 PM on Jan. 25, 2010