Anyone have a DH/SO who is a Mason?

DH is very involved with his Masonic lodge. I respect it a lot. They do fabulous things for our community.

For the other mason wives out there, is your hubby's lodge wife friendly? Are you friends with the other wives? I don't have many friends here with children, and I figured it would be easy to meet his lodge buddies wives. I'm just not sure of the social etiquette.

ecodani

Asked by ecodani at 9:04 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I was in Job's Daughters 6th-12th grades
    (the girls group related to masons)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:08 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• My dad is a mason. There is a club for the wives/daughters, i forget what it is called. At my dad's lodge it used to be alot of OLD people so meeting mom's with other kids was out of the question when I was younger. Things are changin. The one here has several socials. either get dh to ask about the wives thing or go to a social function.
    SuzanneL09

Answer by SuzanneL09 at 9:14 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• My dad is involved, and hubby might be if he had time. My brother is in De Molay and has held the "president" of the group for multiple terms. As far as I know, most of the lodge wives have been pretty nice. Really, it depends on the culture of your area just like any other group or club. Ask you husband how you might get involved with something. Or you could get involved with eastern star or whatever the women's group is b/c many lodge wives are involved in the coensiding(SP!) group. Give it a chance, and hopefully you'll make some friends :)
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 9:15 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• My dad and uncles were Masons but not my x or SO.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:19 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I don't want to join the Eastern star lodge bc I can't commit the time to it.

It seems the guys all want me to come up and hang out and cook for them. Which I am totally willing to do. But they never invite their own wives up. I feel like coordinating a wives dinner or something, but don't want to step on toes. They have a special widows night dinner to honor the wives of deceased members.

DH says their wives aren't "cool" with them being masons so they don't hang out. I don't believe him for a minute. It's like husband daycare/ play group. They feed him and he gets his energy out, and then they send him home and he goes right to sleep without fussing. How can a wife not love that?

Thanks for the Job's Daughters tip.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:31 PM on Jan. 25, 2010