SLEEP HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my son has been fighting sleep for an hour (6 yrs)

He doesnt sleep well, its not a new thing, and he is not just being obnoxious either.
I need relax time AND sleep!!!!!!!
Should I just put a movie on in his room tonight, or keep wending him in to "try to sleep"????

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 9:04 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think that it is a matter of training him, easy to fall asleep or not. At bed time, he gets in bed, may read or watch a half hour movie, and then lights out. He needs to learn to soothe himself and fall asleep. Maybe white noise or soft music would relax him. Is there a particular reason he doesn't sleep well? Is he afraid of something?
    He needs to know that bed time is a time to rest our bodies. He WILL fall asleep eventually, but he needs to learn to be quiet in his bed, even if it takes him an hour to fall asleep.
    If it is truly a problem, consult is pediatrician. Even a hypnotherapist might be able to help. :)
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 9:35 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I would put a short movie on for him in his room. He should fall asleep before the movie is over.
    Texan1993

Answer by Texan1993 at 12:48 AM on Jan. 27, 2010