Has anyone gotten married in Las Vegas??

Me and my fiance are thinking of taking off to Vegas to get married. We already have a toddler and I am pregnant again (about 10 weeks right now) So we kinda just wanna pick up and elope if that is what you wish to call it, before I get all fat again. I don't wanna go spend alot of money and our families won't be there. What do you think would be best for us to do?? If you got married in Vegas what did you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Vegas sounds like a good idea for you all.

We live in Vegas but didnt get married here. We drove 2 hrs to my moms town and got married there.

I would have gotten married in a drive thru ceremony with Elvis or Joan Rivers presiding LOL, I wouldnt have cared but my husband wanted something a bit "nicer" than that.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 9:39 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• My sister did some years ago, actually they went to Mexico first for the honeymoon. The last night there I think she said they ended up doing a moonlight dive, they both had scuba gear and ended up in a mass of mating jellyfish. So off they went to Vegas to get married, all stung up and sunburnt. She always wondered just how 'legal' the wedding was, the lady at the chapel that was their witness had to run and answer the phone during the ceremony and the minister was blind. So nobody actually "saw" them get married. lol
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 9:48 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• My parents did (dad and step-mom). It was actually pretty traditional looking by the tape the have from it. The only thing was they didn't have any family or friends there, just the minister and a witness. They did it at I think it was called the Chapel by the Fountain. They had 4 kids between them already so it worked well for them, they've been together 20 years now.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 9:58 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• We lived in Vegas so I never wanted to actually get married there but we ended up eloping after the stress of planning a destination wedding. We went and got our license at 11 at night (Vegas perk) and there were several chapels sitting outside with limos waiting to take you over to show off their chapel and prices. We picked one and came back two days later and got married, they took pictures as well for a really low price. We ended up having a wedding later but it worked at the time. If we had planned it better we would have just gone to one of the casinos, they have small and big packages, dress/tux rentals and anything else you could need, all you have to do is show up.
    1st_LadyD

Answer by 1st_LadyD at 10:02 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• My brother got married in Vegas. It was his first marriage, her second. I don't know all the details of the wedding though because they didn't tell anyone until after. They were fighting the whole time they were there though. And they haven't really ever stopped fighting. lol Not sure why they're still married.
    Anonymous

• No, Texas
    Texan1993

Answer by Texan1993 at 10:42 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• My husband and I got married by "Elvis" (not the jumpsuit 70's Elvis...the "68 comeback" Elvis) in Las Vegas and it was great!! The photographer only took 24 pictures and I thought if just a couple turned out that would terrific but every picture was a keeper. We have a video too. The cool thing at our chapel was that it had a live webcam so even though friends and family didn't come out, they could still view it live and it was available for viewing on their website for 3 months afterward. I honestly don't remember the cost since it was 6 years ago but Vegas is definitely affordable with air/hotel deals and all you can eat buffets. We flew in on a Sunday night, got the license around 11 pm, got married Monday evening and stayed the rest of the week for the honeymoon. It was awesome.
    Kajon

Answer by Kajon at 11:32 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Yes I was married in Vegas. I had the Blue Hawaii Themed Elvis Wedding at the Viva Las Vegas Wedding Chapel. We rode a pink cadillac to the chapel from our hotel, had blue smoke and two hula girls with coconut bikinis. Pictures, live webcam, videos, flowers, about $700 I think. I was pregnant too so I was tired and didn't do all the sight seeing we could have. We spent time at the casinos and saw a show. Because the price was right, we had I think 13 friends and family pay their own way and come out with us. You have to get license in a seedy part of town and we got ours in the middle of the night so we rented a limo for that and made it sort of an event. I think I may have read licenses aren't 24 / 7 anymore though. We stayed at the Flamingo which was beautiful with the outdoor space with bubbles and stuff. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Everything was done online.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:45 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• For my second marriage we got married in Vegas. I didn't want a tacky wedding so we got one of those packages where everything is included for about $850. We had the ceremony at Valley of Fire at sunset and it was gorgeous. Afterwards we had dinner at the Palm at Caesars. it was great. Too bad the marriage didn't last.
    not-the-momma

Answer by not-the-momma at 4:54 PM on Jan. 27, 2010