Crayon themed birthday party ideas?

Hi! I'm trying to come up with some cute crayon themed decorations for my daughter's 3rd birthday. We have about 10 kids showing up, including parents and I need some fun ideas for craft, decorations, and a game. I also have a couple of boys coming so nothing too "girly", the boys are both a little older, both almost 5 so they'll know if something is too girly! lol

marine_wife0520

Asked by marine_wife0520 at 9:46 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Cover the tables in butcher paper and let the kids color all over it. Get cute buckets and fill them with crayons and makers for centerpieces.

Make a bunch of different colors of koolaid--red, green, purple to match the crayon theme

You could set out buckets of M&m's,Skittles or Gummy Bears to match the different colored crayon theme

The obvious--various colors of ballons and streamers. Maybe go to a teacher's supply store and see if you can find some nice crayon decorations.

There is a book--The Crayon Box That Talked by Shane Derolf and Michael Letzig

You could have art stations--
    finger painting (if you are brave enough!),
    use more of the butcher paper and have the kids lay on a sheet and do their outline and let them color it in.
    have a leggo table for the boys-leggos will go with the color theme

Good luck to you! Have a fun party.
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 10:07 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Check out www.crayola.com

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:49 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Thanks. I did that, I'm not a complete moron! They had coloring pages for me to print out, that's about it.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 9:50 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• you should totally do a cupcake cake in the shape of a crayon!!! Also what if you were to use pop bottles (the little ones) and with some paint and construction paper turn them into crayon??? That would be a fun craft. And the kids could make wild and funky crayons like a zebra crayon or a pink with purple polk a dot crayon, with a prize for the most creative. As for a game you could hang a sheet on the wall, and tack a paper to it and do a Draw the tail on the donkey with crayons or washable markers, blindfolded of course.
    What a great idea for a birthday theme mama!! I would still love a Crayon party and I am turning 30 next month LOL!
    swimmachic23

Answer by swimmachic23 at 10:18 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• What about letting the kids make their own crayons? They have that Crayola machine that lets you melt broken crayons into new swirly ones! Otherwise, I'm sure you could use a muffin tin (or maybe even metal cookie cutters!) and just pile in the crayons and melt them in the oven...

You could use empty 2 liter bottles and decorate them to look like crayons (fill them with a little water or sand first), then set it up as a bowling game. We did that at Halloween and used mini pumpkins for the balls...the kids had as much fun setting up the bottles as they did knocking them down :)

I love the draw the tail on the donkey idea too!

Oooh, it sounds like such a fun idea, I'll have to keep it in mind for future parties :)

It sounds like a super fun idea,
    PrincessZ20

Answer by PrincessZ20 at 11:09 PM on Jan. 25, 2010