How can I convince my husband to let our son ride rear facing?

I made the mistake of telling him our son could ride forward facing because I had looked at the seat quickly when Grandpa had dropped him off at our house and it looked like he was running out of room. Well tonight I got to wondering how he had grown that much so fast so I put him in the seat and measured again. He has plenty of room! I am guessing Grandpa didn't put him back in the seat all the way so it looked funny when I glanced at it when taking him out.Now hubby doesn't want to turn him back. What do I do?????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

justluvinmyson

Asked by justluvinmyson at 9:47 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Tell your husband that for your sons safety you would prefer him facing backwards. Period. Why wouldnt he want his son protected for as long as possible? YOu are the mother. You have the right to make decisions that involve your sons safety.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 10:14 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Wait till he goes to sleep and turn it around yourself. I dont see him getting mad and turning it back around just to defy you.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 9:49 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• The problem is we don't have a car. I install the seat each time we ride.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 9:50 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• if your son still fits backwards then he has to be that way it is against the law to put child under size and weight facing forward . if you got into an accident then he would be thrown or who knows what they have you put them that way for a reason, go to the police station with him and have them tell him. if he cares for the saftey of your son then he will do it . it really is not that big of a deal good luck and take care
    chicknlitlle69

Answer by chicknlitlle69 at 9:52 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• well how old is he and how much does he weigh?? just tell ur hubby its against the law and he could get a ticket. just tell him that the seat should be rear facing until you buy a bigger one and that would solve any other incidents
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 10:00 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• how old is he? and what does he weigh? that should be the key to turning him around.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:01 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• If reasoning with him with regard to what the law is, doesn't work - I would remind your husband WHY they REQUIRE babies to be rear facing in the car seat. The bottom line is, DO YOU LOVE YOUR CHILD? If the answer is YES (and of COURSE it is) then a parent should be worried about what is safest for his child. Men can't conceptualize things as simply as women can. They also don't have the momma "paranoia" that we are blessed with to prevent accidents etc..... you have to ask him to actually visualize your child in that carseat during a severe accident. There are many times when everyone dies in the car except for the baby because the carseats are made so amazing nowadays.....
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 10:06 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• My son is 30 pounds, 34 inches tall and will be two in May. Its is perfectly legal for him to face forward I just prefer him rear facing because it is safer.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 10:07 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Here's a link to a video from a Grandpa's perspective of what forward facing too soon can do - - it might help if your husband can have a visual. . . . .

TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 10:24 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• By law itst age 1 to forward face BUT its safer to keep him rear facing...My 22mos old sits rear facing and she is small but its safer so thats why we do it. I would tell him its safer and recommeneded and he could get hurt real bad if you were in an accident.
    Anonymous