how can i get my son to eat better

my son he wont eat hardly anything that my husband or i make him but he will eat for anyone else. he is a very pickie eater big time but we dont have problem with my daugther eating she eats like everything and anything which is very good.i just wish my son would eat like my daugther.

gizmoliz6969

Asked by gizmoliz6969 at 10:11 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Food & Drink

• First, make sure that he is drinking water, so he doesn't get dehydrated.
    Most important, do not create a monster who only eats nuggets, mac and cheese and hot dogs.
    Just keep offering a variety of healthy foods, and eventually she/ge will start eating.
    Frozen foods are fun to play with, and will get eaten, like peas, blueberries and corn. Chunks of avocado and tofu are loaded with great nutrition, and are fun to squish between little fingers.
    I have never met a toddler who wouldn't eat hummus (lots of calcium, protein, good fats and iron), you can mix it with a mashed egg.
    Offer cut fruits with yogurt dip, fresh veggies with hummus or salad dressing, cooked whole wheat pasta and veggies with marinara or peanut sauce or cheese sauce.

cont.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:16 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• We use the 3 bite rule. You must try 3 bites of what is on your plate; if you don't like it, you fix yourself peanut butter and honey on whole grain toast with a kiwi or apple. Even my husband is expected to follow the rule.
    If you cave now, you will forever have a picky monster on your hands. I promise that your child will not starve. Parents who cave are part of the reason why one half of American children are both undernourished and overweight. One third of children born in this century will develop type 2 diabetes.
    Keep offering a variety of healthy foods; stop buying junk foods until the picky phase has passed. Make sure that you are setting a great example by eating a variety of healthy foods

• generally it is not how much they eat, but what it is they are eating
    offer healthy foods in amounts that are not overwhelming in size
    he will eat when he is hungry
    our rule is dinner is on the table from 6-645, then I clear the table, if you ate, great if not breakfast is when you wake up in the morning
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 12:39 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• My toddler won't touch hummus. I've tried your ideas. Some work and some don't.
    Anonymous