Has leaving him ever worked?

I don't mean leaving him for good,filing for divorce and all that. I mean has anyone been so fed up with his bad attitude, complaining, and unappreciation that you left,stayed with a friend or family member,and him actually miss you and change his ways,to the point when you went back home he had a whole new attitude and started appreciating you and respecting you?(hope that's clear)Anyway, I know you can't change a man, and I don't want to change him, just his miserableness and attitude.I seriously can't take it anymore.I have tried just about everything to better myself and my thinking and trying to except him.Books(Fasinating Womanhood, Created to be his helpmeet; etc.) counceling I could go on and on. But nothing is working.Will leaving him for a lil bit help at all? Has it helped with any of you? (I do love him very much and would miss him and we have a 10 mo dd so I really would rather not) but i just dont know what 2 do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• I had a friend that did this and it worked...just depends on the guy I guess. I don't think it will work with mine! When I leave its for GOOD...I agree about trying to make it work but belive they will only change so much
    Anonymous

• Yes it can help. It shows him what he'd be missing if you really left. It shows him how much you do to make his life easier when you are home.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:35 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I left seaval times, and YES....
    It did get better for a while.

Then he was back to his old self and worse.

Depends on the man, he is ?
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 11:06 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• In my own experience it did not work. My ex husband was just a miserable person and no matter what I did to make him happy , he found a reason to be pissy about something and the "black cloud" that followed him around (lol). I eventually divorced him and 5 yrs later he is still the same way. It just depends on the person I guess, but I think in general people don't change. You either have to accept him for who he is or choose to move on.
    Comfycozy77

Answer by Comfycozy77 at 11:16 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• It depends on the guy. It worked for me. Dh and I were having big issues about him always being out and a few years ago. Now he hardly ever goes out and is very considerate of my feelings
    funmommy123

Answer by funmommy123 at 12:04 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• sure have. one day i was so mad that everything was about him all the time i just said im going to my parents for a while. he sat on the couch and cried all night. i was only at my rents for a week and he called everyday. and then we kinda restarted and he took me on a date. which it was akward but good. and now i know he will always love me. and we work out our problems. if we fight i say really is this worth it and just tell him shut it i dont wanna fight.
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 12:11 AM on Jan. 26, 2010