Did your Baby do that too???

well my son as he was like 4 month old was laying in his play pen sleeping, i was doin something, all out of the sudden he started crying pretty bad...so i went and picked him up... but my poor lil baby was just hanging there like he was dead. his legs arms and head was hanging and he was crying... his eyes were open just alil bit... i could NOT wake him up. i tried to but he just kept goin...
then a few month later he did the same thing again. he was sleeping and then he started cryin.. i tried to wake him up but it didnt work,,, he cried like that for almost an hour... he finally woke cuz he was coughing on some milk i tried to give him... it is horrible... he hasnt done it in a while but i just wanted to know if YOUR baby did that too... i have NO idea what that was... i was very scared... and i was ready to cry...

frangiemily

Asked by frangiemily at 10:47 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• yes, they are night terrors. its horrible but there isn't much you can do.

http://www.nightterrors.org/
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:05 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• o no that is scary! No mine never did this.
    Anonymous

• Mine never did. I didn't know night terrors started that young, I thought they came later.
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 1:35 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• My daughter has had night terrors since she was very young. She never went limp though. She will fight with us. She will kick and scream and there's nothing we can do to wake her up. She talks as if she's awake, but she's not. After 30 minutes or so, she just snaps out of it and says she wants to go back to bed.
    lovinmystar

Answer by lovinmystar at 9:35 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Holy crap that would give me a heart attack.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 9:42 AM on Jan. 26, 2010