Brazillian wax... waxing "down there" in general... good or bad idea? and whats it cost?

I posed the idea to hubby after a friend was telling me about it and how it just made her feel more "clean", especially during that time of month :)
However, my DH said he doesn't like the idea because he heard about a woman getting it done and getting some horrible infection and nearly dying or something like that.
I would like to try it. However, I also don't want to spend a whole ton... I will not use an at home kit... been there done that hahaha.

So also, how much does it cost and how often must it be done? Thanks!

missbreezy214

Asked by missbreezy214 at 10:47 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Health

• Great idea! I love getting mine done. But I have recently learned that hubby is into bush this winter and just a thought-- yours could be saying you'll get an infection bc he doesn't want to lose his furry female.

I go get it done at a salon that specializes only in waxing and is owned and operated by women from Brazil. They do nothing but wax people. No nails, no massage, nothing but waxing. And it's mostly Portuguese speaking. They are the real deal.

It's $35. Most salons that do other services like hair cuts, etc charge WAY more, like $80+. If you want to maintain smoothness, go every 3-4 weeks depending on your growth. Take 2 advil about 30 minutes before you go in if you are worried that it will hurt. It hurts the first time. After that it's nothing.

Wait a day to show DH. You're be red and your skin will be a little sore.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:20 AM on Jan. 30, 2010