Baby shower ?'s

My sister just found out she's pregnant. It was unexpected and it's not ideal circumstances for her at all but she's keeping the baby. I'm going to be moving out of country soon, and her and i have never been very close but in this time of need i'd like to support her as much as i can.

How/when does one offer to throw a shower?
At what point in the pregnancy does one usually have a shower?
How early do i send out invites?
What are some good theme ideas?
Anything else i should know about throwing a shower for my sister before i jump in with both feet?

TIA.

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 10:51 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Usually between 8-9 months... close to the end.
    You can offer any time, and have one at any time, especially if you are leaving the country.
    Send out invites 2 weeks prior (or sooner even).
    You don't even need a real them except baby! But if she has a theme picked out, go with that (I had bears with mine cuz our last name is Barrier haha)
    Just have like a cake and some punch, games planned out (google games) and prizes for the games (dollar store is fine), and a place to throw the shindig. Momma will be tired anyway, so keep it to about 2 hours, leaving time to load the gifs into the car.
    Ask her if she has a registry or wants to make one so that people know what she needs and/or wants for baby. Most of all, make it fun and stress free for her!
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 10:55 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• My shower was a week before my baby was born.... I was a week early. That was way to close to my due date! I'd say have it 4-6 weeks before the dues date.... earlier if you need to is OK i'd think. I'd send the invites about 4 weeks in advance so people can plan accordingly for sure. Cake and light snacks are all you really need (not all peeps like sweets so a few light snacks are a good idea). You don't have to do games.... didn't at mine and I was so ok with that! ;o). Good luck & have fun!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 11:28 PM on Jan. 25, 2010