Baby shower ?'s

My sister just found out she's pregnant. It was unexpected and it's not ideal circumstances for her at all but she's keeping the baby. I'm going to be moving out of country soon, and her and i have never been very close but in this time of need i'd like to support her as much as i can.

How/when does one offer to throw a shower?
At what point in the pregnancy does one usually have a shower?
How early do i send out invites?
What are some good theme ideas?
Anything else i should know about throwing a shower for my sister before i jump in with both feet?

TIA.

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 10:51 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My shower was given when I was 32w pregnant. The invites were sent out 4w in advance, but it was during the summer & wedding season so my MIL wanted to make sure everyone received them with time to make a decision!
    As for the theme- My mother in law did everything in blue & brown bc I was a having a boy. Maybe if your sister doesnt find out gender you can do duckys.. or something else considered gender neutral.

pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 11:06 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• People typically have their showers in their last trimester. By this time they know the sex of the baby (if they are finding out) and most likely have a room ready for the baby and all of the new things they will be getting! I had mine beginning of Jan. and I was due end of February and that worked nicely for me. I would send out invites about 3-4 wks in advance.

Some things you'll need to consider: Will you provide food? Most I've been to just provide snacks like dips/chips, cake and drinks.
    Will there be games? I would let the mother of the baby decide if she wants games
    Decor/theme? Simple is nice and I would go with whatever is fun!
    Anonymous