2yr old boy with or without baby doll

I have a 2 yr old son. and yesterday his cousin brought over a baby doll and left it and now my son has been playing with it. should i let him keep it or trash it?

jennifer_oakley

Asked by jennifer_oakley at 10:53 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Why would you trash it?
    Anonymous

• Why can't he play with a baby doll? It's not going to kill him or make him gay to play with a doll. So if he likes it why would you take it away?
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 11:07 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Why would you throw it away?? Boys can play with baby dolls. There is nothing wrong with it! Why is this even a question??
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 11:11 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I agree. Theres nothing wrong with a boy playing dolls. How come its looked down on for a boy to play dolls or house yet we want grown men to hold babies, change diapers, and clean house?
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 11:12 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• My son has a doll. I don't see any problem with him playing with it. He pretends to feed her, put her to bed, etc. I think it is very loving of him.
    Anonymous

• Let him play with it. It doesn't turn boys gay or anything ridicules like that. Studys have shown that boys who play with dolls generally grow up to be more caring as parents. I plan on getting a baby doll for my son, main reason being that I am pregnant again.. What better way to teach than with his very own baby?
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 11:15 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• let him play with it-it's fine :)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:16 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• i would let him keep it.. my son is 2 and has a 9 year old cousin he's with a lot and so he plays with her "all girl" things and he also loves other things..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:21 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• What if the cousin comes back and wants her doll back? I don't understand why you would want to throw another child's toy away.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:28 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• my son is a year old and I told my MIL if she found a boy baby doll to get it and she found one. He loves it! I see nothing wrong with a boy having a baby doll whether its a girl or boy baby doll. It teaches affection.
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 11:31 PM on Jan. 25, 2010