Dyson vacuums?

Anybody have a Dyson vacuum? Do you like it? Was it worth the money?
I'm looking at getting one of the Animal ones, and while I can read the reviews online, I'd like to hear from other Moms what they think.

debra_benge

Asked by debra_benge at 11:01 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• we got one at Christmas...LOVE it!! It has excellent suction, easy to empty.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 11:16 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Mine is 4 years old but I still really like it. The biggest plus for me is the suction. I don't care that it turns corners but the other suction devices are good too. Not sure these days if it's SO much better than other canister vacs though.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:21 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I ADORE MINE!! lol.

worth every single penny. I just wish I'd waited another month to get the pink breast cancer awareness one (yeah...roll those eyes lol dh did). had mine for almost 4 years and its still my favorite appliance (other than the front loaders, my dehydrator....)

we had one of the other canister ones for dh's work, it died in about 6 months. they got a dyson to replace it and its been working like a dream ever since. lol
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:33 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I love my Dyson! Best vacuum I've ever had.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 12:19 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Okay, now I really want a Dyson! Off topic, my algae eater in our fish tank is named Dyson ;)

beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 12:53 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I loved mine for the first 6 months, My sister bought one on my recommendation. We both hate it! They are terrible for the money. mine stopped working, wouldn't even turn on, after 3 years
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I really like mine. We got the one for pet hair since we have indoor cats. Does tend to get clogged with hair at times, but that is usually the bottom filter (under the canister). I was buying a new vacuum every year before we got ours. We've had this one 2-3 years now and I wouldn't trade it for anything, except for an updated version.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 1:08 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• We got ours Christmas of 2006. Its the All Floors one and we love it. It works great and we've had no issues with it(except one time I got too close to a sock and sucked it up but all I had to do was take the canister out and get it LOL).

The first day we had it my husband sucked up tree needles and it only took him going over it once to get them all up, no back and forth needed. Then, being the brilliant man he is, accidentally hit the wrong latch and undid the canister dumping all the needles onto the carpet in a nice 2 or so inch pile. LOL The vacuum sucked the pile up in one go over...no issues.

Love it!
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:09 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I love my Dyson.
    hannah_belle

Answer by hannah_belle at 6:44 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Thanks, Ladies!! Now I just have to convince my husband that we need to spend that much money on "just a machine that does nothing but suck."
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 9:09 AM on Jan. 26, 2010