There seem to be so many people I know having babies... but now isn't the right time for me and I feel "left out"... support!!

I'm 21 next month. I have a beautiful 16 month old boy. I'm going back for my 4 year degree this fall. I am married. Everyone we hang out with is 7-10 years older than me, and having their 2nd baby. I would love another kid but it is NOT the right time really. Even financially its rough. There is no maternity insurance in my state, so we have that to figure out as well.
I'm just having trouble with this because I feel "left out" which I guess maybe is weird and stuff, but even though I am younger, I am still peers with them. We all go to church together, and one woman I know is actually only 2 years older and is NOT in a place to have another but still is.
Any advice or similar stories etc?

missbreezy214

Asked by missbreezy214 at 11:04 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• If everyone was jumping off a bridge would you want to do that as well? I've not heard anything so juvenile in a long time. You admit you can't afford it, the timing is not right and yet you want to do it bc everyone else is doing it. That's just silly. Grow up.
    Anonymous

• I know the feeling. All but a couple of my friends are having babies right now. My husband and I was planning on trying for baby number two this year but we lost our health insurance coverage and they cut his work back so we decided to wait. I just keep reminding myself it will happen some day.
    Anonymous

• Anonymous number one, why do you have to be so negative? You just jumped over someone reaching out for a little support. Get over yourself. OP please don't listen to that person. They apparently think they are high and mighty because they do not have emotions.
    Anonymous

• Don't worry. I disregarded first poster. OBVIOUSLY I am not going to have a baby right now... it would not be in that child's best interest, nor mine, mine son's, or my husbands. It is simply how I am feeling and wish I could just feel... not so baby-happy? :)
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 11:22 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I am in the same boat kinda, I am married have a 2 years old son and i want another child so bad! But my diabetes isnt undercontrol and i have no insurance. I know right now isnt the best time for me, but God will bless me with a little baby when the time is right, and same with you :) you are not alone.
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 11:49 PM on Jan. 25, 2010