When your water breaks how much would you say gushs out? My hubby is asking....like a cup??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think it depends on the person and what they are doing (walking, sitting,...). It's not usually very much. Mine was just a little trickle. I thought I had peed my pants a little.
    Anonymous

• i had like a lil gush at 12:30 at night (it was 2 wks before my due date) I was living with my mom and told her i think my water broke and she told me to go back to bed... lol so i second guessed myself since she didn't believe me and it happened again at like 5 in the morning (and I had just peed so I knew for sure it wasn't that this time) and sure enuf later that day I was a mommy.... but really for me it was only a small gush both times like a quarter a cup i guess.... it pry broke all the way in the hospital bed i think after my epidural but i couldnt feel nothing at that point
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 11:20 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• My water broke while in the doctors office- before EVER being checked. It was alot. I would have been VERY embarrased if I was out in public. It was enough to make mess & then I continued to leak until... well until I gave birth.
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 11:23 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• depends on the pregnancy.

I had mine broken for all three - #1 covered the dr - dh said it was kinda like a firehydrant gushing out. #2 was not quite as much as the first - it only 'got' the dr's shoes. and #3 wasn't much at all.

but as you labour and contract more and more comes out.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:28 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Mine broke in the hospital.... I sat up in bed and all of a sudden I was sitting in a puddle!!! A cup.... hahahahahaha!!! It's really different for eveyone. But the "like a cup" from you hubby made me smile ;o)
    Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 11:31 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Mine leaked for over a week, it *seemed* to be a couple of cups per day.
    I went through dozens of maxi pads, but I don't know how much was inside.

Water leaking can happen in trickles, gushes, waterfalls.
    It can just be a little and then stop, not to return (for a good while, anyway), or keep leaking for months. Or anything in-between.
    ;-)

doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:41 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Well for me it was a big gush, like a bucket of water tipped over. Of course I was laying down in the hosptial bed, if you're standing it won't gush out as much, just trickle more or less I beleive.
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 11:41 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Mine broke with DD#1 in the middle of the night, and my mattress was SOAKED. It was definitely more than a cup. Then it kept leaking out until she was born.
    MagnoliaQueen

Answer by MagnoliaQueen at 11:41 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Mine was like a tiny tiny bit but my fluid was low so it will depend.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 12:56 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• They broke my water @ 9.5 cm. I was semi reclined in the bed, and it felt like a river gushing out of me. It was a nice releiving feeling though.
    earthmama727

Answer by earthmama727 at 2:49 AM on Jan. 26, 2010