Please don't judge.

I read another girls post about being pregnant with her boyfriends child when she wasn't yet divorced. I am actually going through the same thing right now. My soon to be ex husband is a addict. A abusive one at that. He rents a room, doesn't pay me child support, doesn't even drive. Not to mention doesn't ever ask about our 3 year old son. Has seen him maybe twice all year IF that. We have been split up for a year now. I am not trying to get any money from him other than child support in the divorce. My question now is, can custody be taken away from me due to this pregnancy? He is in lots of trouble with the law right now, going on his 3rd felony. I am a stay at home mom going to school full time from home. I am more than able to support my children. I, as well as the last poster, do have evidence that my soon to be ex husband has cheated on me in the past as well as only days ago Thank you all in advance
ps I live in M

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I doubt the pregnancy can effect your divorce, it may look bad- but in all honesty who looks worse.. You for cheating on a husband your seperated from, or being a felon? & If you go to court before the baby is born... Whos to say its not his? (The judge has no proof)
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 11:20 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• how pregnant are you? u might not even show in court
    Anonymous

• Technically speaking - if he wanted to fight you he could use that against you because adultery is considered a crime in the eyes of the courts. But - - - from what you have said of his rap sheet and current situation I don't think you'll really have to worry. A judge will look for the best interest of the child overall.
    Anonymous

• i wasnt judging but thats the way judges see that sort of thing. and in Wy if you've cheated on the spouse you most likely wont get anything in the end. i was just sayin the truth was all. and i wouldnt tell the divorcee that i was preg with someone elses kid ever cus its non of his business,.
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 11:51 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• No they will take into account his felonies not your infidelity for custody he is a danger to your child, and also they will drug test him and if he is positive they can take all of his rights away from him.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 12:18 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• as long as you were living in separate residents at the time of conception then its wasnt a crime!
    ellegrl

Answer by ellegrl at 12:22 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Most states have "no fault divorce" now. I got pregnant with my bf child before my ex & i got divorced. The only "problem" per say it caused was, we could not do the divorce till after the child was born. Then my bf signed a paper stating he was the legal father (he was on her birth certificate as well) & my ex stated he was NOT this child's father. It did NOT affect any other part of my divorce.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:25 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• My bf testified in court that he was the father. I testified how long my husband & i had been seperated. The judge looked over all the paper work & asked if we all agreed to the terms we had signed off on. Ex & i both said yes & it was over.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:27 AM on Jan. 26, 2010