Does anyone else get totally depressed looking at facebook?

sweetphoenix529

Asked by sweetphoenix529 at 11:29 PM on Jan. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• nope, i love facebook!! whats to get depressed about?
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:30 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• Yes, because I feel that people from High School have accomplished so much more than I have and I wish I hadn't "screwed around" so much!
    Anonymous

• What seeing everyone's perfect happy lives? Yeah, a little bit sometimes. Don't forget though that they only show what they want to.
    Anonymous

• sometimes when everyone seems to have things working out so well even though all they did was screw off. sometimes i wish that i could have waited for a baby and could still be out at all hours and stuff. but thats not what happened, i love my baby, and then i realize those people dont necessarily have it so good and no, i wouldnt trade my life for theirs.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 11:34 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• somehow I'm the one that no one thought would accomplish anything....here I am 16years later - married for 13years, 3 kids, house, lizard.....mortgage.

they're all still doing the exact same things they were doing in highschool - coffeeshop down the street for lunch, houseboating in summer, skiing in winter....same groups and same things. they're like a giant time capsule.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:35 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• No.. I'm very happy with my life. When i wasnt, i changed things, and now could not be happier. No jokes.
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 11:35 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• No, just very bored! I don't understand the fascination with FB. It's no fun.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:43 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• I don't really get depressed but I do get sick of seeing some people list all of the things they got done each day. One person in particular drives me crazy, so I put her on hide so I don't have to see every time she made 8 loaves of bread, ran 7 miles, planted her garden, shampoo'd her carpets, changed the flat tire on her car, took the dog to the vet, visited the cemetery, went to jazz class, volunteered at the school, finished reading her book, won her volleyball game, threw a surprise birthday party for her neighbor's aunt, went to her son's soccer game, cleaned the bathrooms, joined all day protest at the state capital, and made a 7 coarse meal for her husband all in one day. Of course I'm exaggerating a little, but I do get tired of it and I keep her on my list because she is the mom of one of my daughter's friends and my church choir director, so I see her a lot and she would be offended if I removed her from my list
    Anonymous

• No, what is there to be depressed about on there, You must have singed up the same reason as many do. FB is a place to meet up with old friends and maybe make a few new ones. And I have seen a lot of people that Ive gone to school with and they have changed they are nothing like they were snobs and stuck ups anymore but some are. People change nobody stays the same and i agree with what Answered Anonymous 11:31 people only post what they want you too see and that may not always be the truth. And not being mean about this but if its so depressing to you or someone else then just get off the site and delete your account, so you dont feel the way you do. Hope my comment helps you in the long run.
    Anonymous

• No, I actually love seeing what my friends are up to. Many of them go on amazing trips or have funny stories about their kids. The best part i think is when we are all posting old pictures from high school and we laugh at ourselves lol, I was hit with a picture of myself today as a freshman with braces and my early 90's hair lol.

I also talk to my family, we are so spread out so it is an easy way to share pictures with everyone and let everyone know when the kids have done something great like the other night when my son took 3rd in the pine wood derby.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 11:59 PM on Jan. 25, 2010