Red raspberry leaf tea?

How many cups a day can you have if you are 37 weeks and 5 days? And what does it do exactly?

mommy2be77

Asked by mommy2be77 at 12:15 AM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• it didnt do anything for me.
    ellegrl

Answer by ellegrl at 12:16 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• didnt work for me either.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:18 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• It helps to strengthen your uterus. Makes for a less stressful delivery, and a quicker recovery if you continue to drink it after birth. You can drink as much as you want, and should drink it as often as you can. I did with my 1st and notice a HUGE difference with my 1st pregnancy/delivery vs. my 2nd and 3rd, where I did not drink it.
    EvaSerenity

Answer by EvaSerenity at 12:19 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Traditional Medicinals also makes a Pregancy Tea to help with a variety of things too. Even if it supposedly does nothing for you, its still really good for you and won't hurt to drink it.
    EvaSerenity

Answer by EvaSerenity at 12:20 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I drank a ton of it when I was due it didn't help but it is supposed to strengthen the uterus so that contractions are more useful, and drink as much as you want to.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 12:20 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I thought it wasn't ok to drink that during pregnancy. Oh, wait, I think I'm confusing it with something else.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Red Raspberry leaf tea has been used by midwives forever. It won't hurt anything, and a lot of people really swear by it. It's supposed to tone the muscles of the uterus and ease the pain of labor. I drank it on and off. I wish I stucl to it better. Although i did have a nice, smooth labor anyway. The pain wasn't too bad for the most part and everything progressed well.
    earthmama727

Answer by earthmama727 at 2:52 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Two cups a day.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:58 AM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I was told 1c per day per trimester, but you can have as much as you want. That reminds me--- I need to order some! It just helps tone your uterus by causing contractions. I haven't heard anyone swear it actually put them into labor, but many people will tell you it makes labor and recovery easier.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 9:17 AM on Jan. 26, 2010